Theme Lead within a Security College, Middle East [country to be discussed at interview stage]
advising on the design, development and delivery of a male recruit basic training courses and basic
instructor courses. Will manage a team of instructors and have responsibility of the day-to-day
delivery of their theme/subject, escalating to the Training Delivery Manager and Project Manager
Dual reporting into Project Manager and the Training Delivery Manager covering delivery and quality
aspects of the role. (Deputy Theme Leads will report to their respective Theme Lead.) Theme Leads
are responsible for the delivery of a range of lessons. They will be responsible for the general
management of the team of instructors within this theme. Some pre/post deployment work in the
UK may be required.
– Manage the design of effective training programmes, produce training materials
(including lesson plans, risk assessments and evaluations) for bespoke courses and
manage training delivery;
– Active role in selection of team working with the supplier;
– Lead on lessons learned and planning for future phases;
– Assisting with development of related courses and wider advice to Directorate.
– Effectively deliver and manage their respective theme;
– Establish strategic relationships at a senior-level and with the male faculty team
– Manage delivery-level issues, escalating to the Project Manager and supplier as
– Lead and manage a team of instructors;
– Support the project manager in supplier management;
– Provide strategic advice on developing organisational training capabilities;
– Monitor, evaluate and review the progress of students and the effectiveness of
training delivered through evaluation;
– Maintain records of all training delivered at various levels for the client and internal
– Other work-related tasks in support of the general running of the overall project
whilst in country.
Essential Experience and Accepted Qualifications:
– Possess Basic All Arms Drill Instructor qualification
– Demonstrable experience in the design, delivery, management and evaluation of
– Holds (or held) Warrant Officer/Senior Non-Commissioned Officer level in the UK
– Experience instructing drill within a Phase 1 Training Establishment
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
– Training and/or advisory experience within the Middle East
– Level 4 training qualification (military training, adult education in the life-long
learning sector, etc.)
Work packages as described above and as directed by the Project Manager.
Up to 18-week deployments a few times a year.
SC Clearance is essential. Any candidate that does not already have SC clearance will be required to
obtain SC clearance prior to role confirmation.
£500.00 per day. Candidates should note that this role is within IR35
Expenses (based out of London):
– Flights for official business will be included on a case by case basis
– Accommodation provided when on deployment abroad
– All visas are included
– All other expenses will need to be covered within the rate
Please apply for this role via our portal below or send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org