1. Carry out teaching/practical sessions and related activities across a range of modules or professional practice-based activities
.2. Act as academic personal tutor and/ or academic supervisor, providing advice, guidance and support to students.
3. Design and develop teaching material across a range of modules and courses in the subject(s), at a range of levels. Contribute to curriculum development.
4. Work with colleagues to improve and enrich the experience of our students.
5. Contribute to curriculum development by identifying the need for review of current provision.
6. Undertake teaching preparation, assessment and administration activities.
7. Ensure that all policies and regulations of the University are operationalised effectively within the delivery, paying particular attention to the readiness to deliver in
regard to student welfare, health and safety, disciplinary matters, student complaints.
8. Comply with Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR requirements in all working practices maintaining confidentiality, integrity, availability, accuracy, currency and
security of information as appropriate. Take personal responsibility for all personal data within own working environment.
9. Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is normal practice to review periodically job descriptions to ensure that they are relevant to the job currently being
performed, and to incorporate any changes which have occurred or are being proposed. Manager and employee carry out the review process jointly and you are therefore expected to
participate fully in such discussions. In all cases, it is our aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but where it is not possible to reach agreement, we reserve the right to make
reasonable changes to your job description, which are commensurate with your grade after consultation with you
Academic/Professional Qualifications First Degree or Higher Degree
Experience of teaching in a higher educational environment
Knowledge of policing practices
Committed to provision of an excellent student experience. Ability to work co-operatively and as a part of a team. Ability and desire to be flexible around delivery in order to accommodate exceptional operational demands.
Excellent communication and influencing skills. Basic IT skills. Committed to Equality and Diversity. Committed to our Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
Compliance to Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR principles/ requirements. Ability to travel, as required by the job. Successful NPPV2 (Full) disclosure from Warwickshire Police.
Relevant professional qualification in subject discipline at post graduate level. PGCE teaching qualification
Experience of skills training delivery in a police environment. Experience in delivering apprenticeship schemes.
An understanding of how the Police Schemes add value to the Police, Public Service and Higher Education Institution.
Salary Range: £40,000 – £52,000 pro rata
Job Family: Academic
Hours of Work: Part Time, 9.25 hours pw
Work Base: Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire
Job Purpose: To deliver DHEP and PCDA programme modules.