We are please to offer this rare entrepreneurial opportunity for a professional to work in the commercial Investigations sector to fill the position of Managing Director (Designate)
The owners have led sales and development to date, and have decided that the time is right to invest in the next development phase of the business by appointing the right person to work with the CEO towards taking over the day to day running of the business.
They are looking for the right person to oversee business operations and provide strategic leadership.
• Working closely with the CEO and Senior Management Team
• Devising a 5-year plan and working with the owners to oversee its implementation.
• Meeting with the finance director on a regular basis to review the company’s financial performance.
• Interviewing for senior positions within the organisation and signing off offers of employment.
• Managing the direction of the company and guiding senior members of the company.
• Working on sales/marketing strategy and approach to winning new business.
• Carrying out regular business analysis to mitigate any potential risks through industry and market changes.
• Looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
• Reviewing companywide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
• Reporting results to the Owners and or future IO Board on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Analysing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability.
• Succession planning for senior staff members
Characteristics of the successful candidate:
1. Proven investigative experience, as a strategist and manager
2. Proven team leadership.
3. Knowledge of criminal law
4. Demonstrate experience communicating at all levels of the business.
5. Demonstrate capability to work in a fluid environment with continued day to day involvement by senior shareholders.
6. Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
7. Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
8. Able to excel in high-pressure situations.
9. Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
10. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
1. At least a degree level qualification, or equivalent, in an appropriate discipline.
2. Proven commercial track record
3. Commercial investigations sector knowledge
4. Maximum of 90 minutes travel times from HQ, Sudbury, Suffolk
5. Willingness to travel widely in UK and beyond.
6. Demonstrate ability in presentations and communications at all levels from investigators to Director level.
For the full job description and benefits please contact us via the portal below.