Logistics Support Operative
Purpose of the role:
To provide support and assistance in the day to day activities of a busy despatch department covering shipments mainly to the UK but including Europe and the rest of the world. The duties will include being involved in all aspects of the department from the packing to delivering.
- The successful candidate will need to be physically capable, being able to package and palletise a wide range of goods from small parcels to large pallet loads.
- Should possess very good communications skills as they will be required to make bookings, follow up queries and resolve shipping issues with our logistics partners.
- There will be times where the candidate will be required to conduct deliveries and collections using the company vehicles.
- Monitor the Delivery schedule; ensuring that there all orders showing as requiring shipment to customer are made ready for shipping.
- Make appropriate booking with couriers to undertake the delivery in the desired timescale with the minimal cost to the business.
- Make appropriate bookings to arrange the collection of rental equipment from customer site within the required timescale with the minimal cost to the business.
- Keep the bespoke computer system fully up to date.
- Handle any shipping queries generated by the sales staff or from customers.
- Be capable of organising route schedules for a small fleet of delivery and services staff.
- Be available where required to attend site to conduct activities involved in external events conducted by the business.
- Previous experience working within a busy despatch or shipping department.
- Results orientated with a real focus on achieving target.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Proven ability to manage their time during the working day.
- Proactive, self starting with a flexible approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience with website booking.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Word and Excel products.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK and preferably Europe.
- Ability to utilise their own initiative.
- Committed to team success.
- Punctuality is essential in this role.
- A clean, valid UK driver’s license.
Find out more