We have new job opportunities, starting in the coming months and we are excited to be offering these to you. This is a chance to be involved in shaping the Police Officers of the future and get involved in an industry leading program. The PEQF aims to further professionalise policing as a career, by both recognising and raising educational standards, Our client has been selected by the Seven Force Strategic Collaboration Programme to provide the educational training for two new entry routes into the profession. New Police Constables will enrol on a three-year Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship, which combines a degree programme with on-the-job training, while a two-year Degree Holder Entry Programme will be available for new recruits who already have a degree.
In this round, we’re looking for Instructors to deliver police education (lecturers, seminars, tutorials, etc.) and support the Senior and Principal Instructors with programme review and development.
This post will be located at Police Force sites in Suffolk
You will work with police training colleagues at these locations and, initially, you will be responsible for a single cohort of student police officers studying on the PCDA / DHEP.
All our Instructors will need a higher degree and experience of teaching and quality assurance in a higher education setting. Instructors should have some experience of module leadership. Knowledge of policing practices is also vital. The ability to travel between police establishments and University campuses is required for roles within the PEQF programmes.
Job Title: Instructor in Police Education
Salary Range: £34,304 – £39,739 p.a. pro rata
Job Family: Academic
Hours of Work: Full time
Work Base: Suffolk
Responsible to: Police Education Senior Instructor
Responsible for: No line management responsibility
Job Purpose: To deliver DHEP and PCDA programme modules.
1. Carry out teaching/practical sessions and related activities across a range of modules or professional practice-based activities.
2. Act as academic personal tutor and/ or academic supervisor, providing advice, guidance and support to students.
3. Act as a module leader for modules with several groups, leading the module team and co-ordinating activities, resources and assessment.
4. Contribute to curriculum development. Design and develop teaching material across a range of modules and courses in the subject(s), at a range of levels.
5. Work with colleagues to improve and enrich the experience of our students.
6. Contribute to curriculum development by reviewing current PEQF Police Education provision.
7. Undertake teaching preparation, assessment and administration activities.
8. Support the wider Police Education team with delivery of the PEQF programmes within the region
9. Ensure that all policies and regulations of the University are operationalised effectively within the delivery, paying particular attention to the readiness to deliver in regard to
student welfare, health and safety, disciplinary matters, student complaints and contractual KPIs.
10.Comply with Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR requirements in all working practices maintaining confidentiality, integrity, availability, accuracy, currency and security of
information as appropriate. Take personal responsibility for all personal data within own working environment.
11. Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your salary.
ESSENTIAL OR DESIRABLE
• First Degree or Higher Degree or demonstrable willingness to work towards this
• Relevant professional qualification in subject discipline at post- graduate level
• PGCE teaching qualification
• Experience of Policing or teaching in a Higher Educational environment
• Experience in delivering apprenticeship schemes
• Experience of teaching/training. Experience of teaching in a higher educational environment or similar
• Committed to provision of an excellent student experience
• Ability to work co-operatively as a part of a team
• Ability and desire to be flexible around delivery to accommodate exceptional operational demands
• Knowledge of policing practices
• An understanding of how the Police Schemes add value to the Police, Public Service and Higher Education Institutions
• Knowledge of PEQF programmes
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Basic IT skills
• Committed to Equality and Diversity
• Committed to our Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
• Compliance to Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR principles/requirements
• Ability to travel, as required by the job
• Successful NPPV2 (Full) disclosure from Warwickshire Police
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is normal practice to review periodically job descriptions to ensure that they are relevant to the job currently being
performed, and to incorporate any changes which have occurred or are being proposed. Manager and employee carry out the review process jointly and you are therefore
expected to participate fully in such discussions. In all cases, it is our aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but where it is not possible to reach agreement, we
reserve the right to make reasonable changes to your job description, which are commensurate with your grade after consultation with you.
Please send CV’s to the portal below or to firstname.lastname@example.org