Strategic Policing Advisors are a critical part of the Home Office policing and security strategy. This role requires contemporary policing knowledge and experience alongside flexibility and very high levels of communication and negotiation skills.
This position is a key role within the Policing Advisory Services programme, which seeks to provide advice and ongoing support to sectors of the Ministry of Interior, in terms of building long lasting internal capability.
• Provide strategic advice on the development of training capability
• Support the leadership with advice as it undergoes a major change programme;
• Act as the in-country focal point for all training requests, development and delivery for policing advisory and related projects;
• Liaise and coordinate activities between ICT, Training Hub and JPO/MoI; and
• Ensure the integrity of confidential and proprietary information.
This is a very high-profile role and the post-holder will need to possess appropriate experience of strategic change management and training and development and will have operated at Chief Officer level.
Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Educated to degree level;
• Establishing relationships at a senior-level to develop leads into new areas of delivery;
• Major change management programmes;
• Providing strategic advice on developing organisational training capabilities, including training management processes;
• Review and design of training strategies, plans and organisational capability development plans;
• Strategic review of curriculum design and development;
• Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of service delivery;
• Ensuring an effective performance framework of all training delivered at various levels for the client and providing effective internal reporting; and
• Experience of mentoring and coaching senior leaders.
• Master’s degree in relevant subject;
• Experience of international development and advisory in training;
• Current Security clearance (SC);
• Experience working in the region; and
• Working with commercial suppliers
For more information please contact us via our attached portal. Closing date for CV’s (of not more than 3 pages) also please accompany your CV with a one page expression of interest setting out what you think the role requires and the skills you would bring to it. by 31st July 2020