This position is a key role within the Policing Advisory Services programme, which seeks to provide advice and ongoing support to sectors of the Ministry of Interior, in terms of building long lasting internal capability.
• Provide strategic and tactical policing advice in support of the Home Office International Capabilities Team (ICT)
• Support ICT programme through country-specific policing capability and development advice; develop and maintain strategic relationships with interested parties; support the project team with advice regarding policing development; Provide in-country advice in respect of UK and International good practice for current and emerging strategy, doctrine and working practices on police and security related matters
• Supervise and manage a core Policing Advisory SME team to deliver agreed activity in support of Project Specific Agreements (PSA’S), working closely with Project Managers and Policy Officers.
• Provide a single point of contact to access relevant support, oversight and quality assurance from the ICT Strategic Policing Advisor in respect of;
o Police related programme activity and delivery
o Promulgation of UK and international good practice
o Standardisation and read-across of approaches across programmes
o Access to “reach-back” – identifying and introducing relevant subject matter experts and partner forces/agencies to support policing advisors on specific specialist policing initiatives
• The post-holder will have held Chief Officer or in exceptional circumstances, Chief Superintendent rank within a UK police service.
• International policing advisory experience at a strategic level.
• Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
• Ability to produce high quality written reports
• Experience working in the region
• Experience of working with commercial partners
• Understanding of training design and evaluation methods.
Further information is available on request.
All CV’s to be no more that Three pages long and an Expression of Interest Letter no more that One page.
Please contact us via our portal or email to email@example.com