This role requires contemporary crisis and emergency management and policing knowledge and skills alongside flexibility and advanced levels of communication and negotiation skills.
Set in the Middle East – Rotation of 6 weeks in country and 2 weeks off.
• Develop and deliver training as identified and agreed by MoI/JPO and ICT;
• Prepare and deliver high quality training material;
• Undertake Monitoring and Evaluation tasks as identified by the programme team;
• Provide appropriate professional observations and comment, particularly around Crisis and Emergency planning in the UK policing context;
• Provide a contact and liaison point between the sectors, acting as a conduit between the sector and the SPA/PM;
• Identify, scope, evaluate and disseminate sector requirements to help develop capacity and capability; and
• Ensure the integrity of confidential and proprietary information;
This is a high-profile role and the post-holder will need to possess appropriate knowledge of both the Gold, Silver, Bronze and ICS approaches to crisis and emergency management, training development and delivery in a UK police service. If not a serving officer, the post holder will have held the rank of Chief Inspector or higher.
• Comprehensive understanding of the UK approach to crisis and emergency management;
• Significant recent experience of strategic and tactical crisis management measures;
• Holder of a recognised crisis and emergency management qualification at level 4 or higher;
• Experience of developing and delivering testing and exercising activities;
• Experience of developing contingency plans;
• Understanding of the JESIP principles and the Incident Command System (ICS);
• Proven ability to develop and deliver high quality training material appropriate to an international context; and
• Comprehensive understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation methods; and
• International policing experience.
• Experience of curriculum design and development;
• Command experience;
• Current Security clearance (SC);
• Experience working in the region; and
• Working with commercial suppliers.
for more information please contact us via our attached portal. closing date for CV’s (of not more than 3 pages) also please accompany your CV with a one page expression of interest setting out what you think the role requires and the skills you would bring to it by 5th July 2020